Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings.you can solve all problems in Firefox, refresh feature will help you to fix all firefox problems by resetting Firefox to its default settings with saving your important information such as bookmarks, passwords, and open tabs.
How to Refresh Firefox to Default Settings?
- Click "Refresh Firefox" button directly, if you are viewing this page in Firefox.
- This won't work if you are using a different browser or on a mobile device.
- You can also find a Refresh Firefox button at the top of the Firefox about: support Troubleshooting Information page.
- To continue, click Refresh Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close to refresh itself. When finished, a window will list your imported information. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
What does the refresh feature do?
Firefox settings and personal information will be stored in a profile folder on the desktop. The refresh feature works by creating a new profile folder for you while saving your important data.
Add-ons which are normally stored inside the Firefox profile folder, such as extensions and themes, will be removed. Add-ons stored in other locations, such as plugins, will not be removed but any modified preferences (such as plugins you have disabled) will be reset.
Firefox will save these items:
- Browsing and download history
- Open windows and tabs
- Web form auto-fill information
- Personal dictionary
These items and settings will be removed:
Extensions and themes, website permissions, modified preferences, added search engines, DOM storage, security certificate and device settings, download actions, plugin settings, toolbar customizations, user styles and social features will be removed.